Step 1: Connecting your PAX S300 unit
Connect the power supply cable to the hub on the connector cable.
Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Red land port on the connector cable. Then connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to an open port of your router.
* Make sure that your PC and PAX S300 device are connected to the same router
Step 2: Checking the IP address on your PAX S300
Once the PAX S300 is turned on, hit Menu button (or press and hold button 1 and Func) à Communication à LAN Parameters à IP Address
Small hint: while rebooting PAX S300, the correct IP address would be displayed for a few seconds on the top of the screen.
Step 3: Configuration with the POS system
- On a login screen, hit Configure button.
(If you are already logged in to the software, go to File tab at the top and then Configuration)
- Switch to the second tab POS equipment - In Pin Pad area, select “PAX (S300/D210)”.
- Enter the IP address into IP&Port area.
- Press Apply and then OK at the bottom.
Make sure to restart the POS software
NOTE! An IP address consists of four blocks of values divided by “.” dots. Make sure to delete all “0” values that are on the left while entering the IP address into the “IP&Port” area inside of the POS:
Correct: 126.96.36.1999 Incorrect: 123.045.006.789
Correct: 188.8.131.527 Incorrect: 123.000.040.567